How to Forget and Re-Connect to a Wifi Network
Technology Services updated the LUwireless (used for Lawrence owned devices) and the LUfacstaffpersonal (used for personal devices) Wi-Fi networks. This update was required to ensure that devices were making the most secure possible connection to the campus network.
Most mobile (phones and tablet) devices will not require any changes – they can detect and automatically adjust to the new settings. Windows and Apple computers may require you to reconnect your device.
1. The device you are connecting must be a Lawrence-issued device or a student personal device.
2. You must be on campus to “forget” and reconnect to the LUwireless network.
Apple devices (laptops and iPads):
- Click on the wireless symbol in the top right corner. Select "Open Network Preferences" from the drop down.
- On the Network window, turn Wi-Fi off.
- Select Advanced... from the lower left.
- A Wi-Fi network page will appear. In the Preferred Networks list locate “LUwireless” if using a Lawrence owned device or select "LUfacstaffpersonal" for personal devices.
- Highlight “LUwireless”/ "LUfacstaffpersonal" and click the minus (-) button.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply in the Network window.
- Click Turn Wi-Fi On
- Click Apply again and close the window.
- Back at the desktop, click the Wi-Fi symbol and select LUwireless/ LUfacstaffpersonal. At the prompt enter your Lawrence username and password.
Windows 7 (laptops/tablets):
- Your WiFi symbol will show a red X through it indicating connectivity issues.
- Right-click on the wireless icon and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
- Select “Manage Wireless Networks” from the left-hand navigation panel.
- Scroll through the list until you see “LUwireless” if using a Lawrence owned device or select "LUfacstaffpersonal" for personal devices, select it. Click “Remove” from the selection toolbar at the top of the list. Close window.
- Go back to the list of available wireless networks in your lower right-corner. Find “LUwireless”/ "LUfacstaffpersonal" and double-click to connect.
- If you receive a Windows Security Alert prompt click “Connect”.
- If you receive a prompt to login, login with your username and Lawrence password.
- At this point you should be reconnected to the LUwireless/LUfacstaffpersonal network.
Windows 10 (laptops/tablets):
- Search for “Change WiFi settings” in the search bar. Select the Change Wi-Fi Settings option.
- Select “Manage Known Networks” from the right-hand navigation panel.
- Click on "LUWireless" if using a Lawrence owned device or select "LUfacstaffpersonal" for personal devices from the Wi-Fi network list and click the “Forget” button.
- Close the window and re-connect to the LUwireless/LUWireless by finding it in the Wi-Fi network list (bottom right corner). Check the box to automatically connect and click the “Connect” button.
- Enter your Lawrence username and password. Click OK to connect.