While the Library Building is Closed
Though we're available to help while the library is closed, you may also want to get help from these instructional videos:
- Requesting items through the library catalog (students on campus select Lawrence University library for pickup location and receive item through campus mail; faculty/staff select office delivery)
- Digitization request: Request to have an article or book chapter from our library scanned and sent electronically (for all current LU faculty/staff/students)
- Accessing the library's electronic resources from off-campus
- Searching & browsing eJournals from off-campus
- Remote reference options: How to get help from your friendly librarians
- Navigating Library OneSearch: A variety of videos with tips on how to use OneSearch to search library resources and articles.
Alumni are welcome to visit the library to access databases, but off campus access is not available. Alumni who live in the area may contact the ID card office to get an alumni borrowing card. See our Alumni page for more info.
Contact the library director, Pete Gilbert. He will review your request and arrange for a table, chairs, and any additional equipment to be available if your request is approved.
Yes- most of them! Current faculty, staff and students can access electronic library resources from off campus. To do this, you'll need to go log in through a proxy server by simply entering your Lawrence username and password after selecting the database from our electronic resources guide or e-Journals list.
Note- faculty and staff who use VPN (Virtual Private Network) software to work with campus files from off campus will need to close the VPN application before using library links to electronic resources.
● Current students can check out books and scores for 28 days.
● Faculty and staff get an end of the school year loan period.
● For all current students, faculty, and staff, DVDs and CDs can be checked out for 14 days, and video games for 3 days. For more information, see our circulation page.
● Library materials can be renewed by logging in to your library account.
Wireless access is available across campus for Lawrence University faculty, staff and students. For information on how to connect to the network, see the page, Connecting to the LU Network. Access for visitors may be provided on a case-by-case basis (e.g., for visiting parents) at the reference desk by the reference librarian on duty.