COVID-19 Modifications for International Student Services
International House Operations
International Student Services (ISS) Programs and Services
- ISS staff is conducting routine immigration advising appointments via Zoom.
- Documents can be sent electronically and/or via campus mail.
- Programs and activities will be offered in-person and virtually.
- Friendship Family Program activities will be held virtually.
- ISS continues to support student organization programs and acti vities, provided they follow institutional guidelines.
Immigration Compliance for F-1 Students
Winter Term 2021:
Updated regulatory guidance from SEVP is anticipated for Winter 2021 and any updates and implications will be communicated to F-1 students as soon as it is released.
Fall Term 2020:
- Initial status (new) incoming F-1 students planning to be on campus/in the United States, are expected to enroll and attend at least one in-person or hybrid class (such as UNIC 105, UNIC 115, or other in person classes) for Fall Term 2020.
- Continuing F-1 students can enroll in unlimited online courses and do NOT need to have an in-person class, regardless of if they are located in the United States or abroad for Fall Term 2020.
- All other standard F-1 regulations must be followed in order to maintain status. The ISS Moodle Page has a variety of immigration presentations and materials available for review.
- Arrival to campus: Active students may choose to carry the ISS Arrival Memo Fall 2020 signed by ISS staff.
- As always, immigration questions can be directed to Associate Dean of Students for International Student Services, Leah McSorley via e-mail, phone, or by scheduling a personal appointment.