Your health is important! Find wellness resources and information on health insurance.
BUCHANAN KIEWIT WELLNESS CENTER
- Counseling Center
- Health Center
- Health Insurance – See below or contact the Campus Nurse or ISS
- Wellness Activities and Services
SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND ASSAULT RESOURCES & EDUCATION (SHARE)
- SHARE Website
- Sexual Misconduct and Assault Resources for the International Community (PDF)
- Title IX Coordinator: 920-832-7496
- Campus Advocate: 920-832-6574
Health Insurance Resources
Below are a number of resources distributed during orientation that may help you as you make health care decisions.
Disclaimer: The actual contract or plan document must be consulted to determine the governing contractual provision, limitations, or exclusions. There is no guarantee, expressed or implied by Lawrence University or vendors of plan provisions or level of payments.
- Guide to U.S. Health Care for Students with Global Backgrounds at Lawrence University
- Health Care and Insurance for Lawrence Students (orientation presentation Fall 2020)
- Overview of U.S. Health System (video by International Student Health Insurance)
Health Insurance for International Students
Lawrence requires all international students (F-1 and J-1 student visa holders) to have sickness and accident insurance. The cost of health care, especially hospitalization, is very expensive in the United States. Even a short illness can have a high cost associated with it. Therefore, you must have health insurance to protect yourself from the effects of these costs.
Automatic Enrollment & Waiver
Each F-1 and J-1 international student at Lawrence is automatically enrolled in the program and billed for the cost unless the insurance waiver form is submitted by July 1 each year.
To waive insurance, you must demonstrate that you have U.S. coverage that is similar to Lawrence's plan and submit the waiver by July 1. How to submit the waiver:
- Complete the waiver online
- Request a paper or electronic copy and return it by July 1 to International Student Services by emailing email@example.com
About Lawrence's Health Insurance Plan
Wellfleet Health Insurance is the servicing agent that provides health insurance plans to students at Lawrence University. Coverage includes the Appleton area. Domestic and international student health insurance plans are ACA compliant and also include athletic coverage. Find information regarding coverage related to COVID-19.
Please visit Wellfleet Health Insurance's website to learn more about enrollment and plan coverage.