Other Academic Opportunities
Look in the navigation menu for more information about the following:
- Lawrence's two 3-week August programs for selected incoming students: the Freshman Academic Institute and the Summer Institute for International Students.
- The Waseda program that brings a group of students from Waseda University in Tokyo, Japan, to the Lawrence campus each year.
- Programs that engage students in the surrounding community, including the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Program, the Civic Life Project, and offerings from the Office of Community-Based Learning and Research.
- Student-initiated studies described under Individualized Learning and Student-Designed Majors.
- Summer internships and other hands-on learning opportunities.
- Sources of funding for study or research, including fellowships, scholarships, grants, and awards.
- Honors projects for earning honors at graduation.
- The Harrison Symposium for presenting student research in the humanities and social sciences. (Check with your home department for other opportunities to present your Senior Experience, honors project, or other significant work.)