October 24, 1991: The dedication ceremony for Shattuck Hall was held.
October 26, 1911: President William Howard Taft spoke to a huge crowd from the steps of Main Hall.
October 26, 1968: The Jason Downer Center, a cafeteria that could accommodate 600 faculty and students (now Chapman Hall), was dedicated.
October 26, 2013: The installation ceremony for Lawrence University's sixteenth president, Mark Burstein, was held.
October 27, 1898: A disastrous fire nearly destroyed the almost-completed Stephenson Hall of Science. Newspapers reported that Ormsby and Main Halls were saved from burning by "a squad of students on the roofs."
October 27, 1961: The cornerstone-laying and dedication ceremony for Plantz Hall was held.
October 27, 1967: Kohler Hall was dedicated.
October 28, 1944: Nathan Pusey was installed as Lawrence University's tenth president.
October 30, 1917: A seven-course banquet was held in celebration of the dedication of Sage Hall, a residence hall for women.