The Office of Pre-Professional Advising and Major Fellowships helps students explore post-graduate opportunities and develop strong applications for fellowships, scholarships, or professional studies in law, medicine, and other fields. We help students:
- Uncover possibilities and develop plans for post-graduate study
- Identify fellowships, scholarships, and professional schools best suited to their goals
- Prepare competitive proposals and applications, including personal statements and research interests
The office also coordinates several scholarship opportunities for Lawrence students to pursue research, internships, or other activities.
Major fellowships are highly competitive, prestigious awards that fund graduate study, teaching abroad or in the United States, research, federal employment, or public service. Our office can guide you through the process of applying for a Watson, Fulbright, Rhodes, or other fellowship.
- The Marshall Scholarships
- Gates Cambridge Trust
- Fulbright Grants
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans
- Watson Fellowships
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowships
- James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program
- National Security Education Program (Boren)
- Harry S. Truman Scholarships
- Rotary District 6220 Global Scholarship
- James Madison Memorial Fellowships
For deadlines and more information, click here.
We can help you prepare by:
- Bringing professional alumni and admissions representatives to campus to meet with interested students
Pointing students to test preparation resources for the LSAT or MCAT
Helping students enroll at Fox Valley Technical College for the certified nursing assistant (CNA) accelerated course during December term and spring term
Visit the Pre-Health Website for more information on pre-health careers and preparing for medical schools and other health allied schools. Look for the Pre-Law Website coming soon.
For Pre-Health volunteer opportunities, click here.