Services provided by the Center include:
- Accessibility Services: Coordinating academic accommodations for students with disabilities
- Academic Counseling and Academic Skills: Improving college success skills, including motivation, goal-setting, time management, study skills, and meta-cognitive abilities
- Tutoring: Assisting students in developing writing, speaking, and quantitative abilities, and arranging content tutoring for particular subjects or courses
- English as a Second Language: Developing skills in academic English for speakers of English as a second language
- Academic Procedures: Providing information about academic progress, preparing academic petitions, discussing academic policy options, arranging for an incomplete, taking a leave of absence, returning from a leave, or withdrawing from Lawrence
- Courses & Workshops: Offering courses and workshops that address and promote academic success
All students are encouraged to take advantage of the Center's resources and expertise to maximize their potential and success at Lawrence.
The Center for Academic Success is located on the 2nd floor of the Library.
1:30-3:00 PM Tues & Wed
1:30-3:00 PM Mon-Fri
Lawrence students seeking tutoring support should look on their course syllabi and Canvas sites (or check with course instructors) for a list of available tutors. Students may contact these tutors directly to arrange for tutoring. Alternately, students can use the Voyager Tutor Request Form.
Drop-in writing tutoring (first come, first served) is available during the academic year in the CAS (second floor, Mudd Library) at these days/times: Sun-Thurs: 1-11pm & Fri-Sat: 1-5pm
The CAS provides tutors for Lawrence University students. If you’re seeking a tutor for a K-12 student, please click here.
Schedule an appointment online!
Center for Academic Success
711 East Boldt Way
Appleton, WI 54911-5626