Musicians need to be smart, agile, innovative, collaborative, and entrepreneurial—inside and outside the world of music. Lawrence University offers the ideal environment for today's aspiring musicians and powerful preparation for a musical life. You'll experience both a world-class conservatory of music and a leading college of liberal arts and sciences.
Be the light. Share your music.
Application Deadlines and Notification Dates
|Application Round||Application Due Date||Notification Date|
|Early Decision (binding)||November 1, 2021||
December 1, 2021
|Early Action 1||November 1, 2021||December 15, 2021|
|Regular Decision||January 15, 2022||April 1, 2022|
*Early Action 2 is not available for students applying for a conservatory degree.
How to Apply to the Conservatory
In order to register for an audition for the Lawrence Conservatory of Music, please follow these steps:
- Complete an application to Lawrence using the Common Application or the Lawrence Application.
- Submit your music supplemental items (music resume and music teacher recommendation) through your Application Status Page.
- Register for and complete an audition. You must submit an application before you can register for an audition. Click here for 2021-22 audition dates and requirements.
**If you are an international student who would like to pursue a music degree, please make sure to use the international admissions checklist when applying.
What We Consider
Common Application or the Lawrence Application (we accept either)
- Letter of recommendation (from an academic teacher)
- Test scores (optional)
- Interview (recommended, not required)
In addition, all music applicants must:
- Complete an audition (click here for 2021-22 audition dates and requirements)
- Submit a music resume
- Submit a music teacher recommendation
All above materials must be submitted by the chosen application deadline.
Students are required to submit an application before completing an audition. Auditions are required if you:
- plan on pursuing any of our degree options with a major in music (including a Bachelor of Arts with a major in music)
- plan on majoring in something other than music and are interested in our Ensemble Award
Auditions are recommended if you are considering:
- a music minor
- private lessons