Musicians need to be smart, agile, innovative, collaborative, and entrepreneurial—inside and outside the world of music. Lawrence University offers the ideal environment for today's aspiring musicians and powerful preparation for a musical life: you'll experience both a world-class conservatory of music and a leading college of liberal arts and sciences.
Be the light. Share your music.
How to Apply to the Conservatory
In order to register for an audition for the Lawrence Conservatory of Music, please follow these steps:
- Complete an application to Lawrence using the Common Application or the Lawrence Application.
- Submit your music supplemental items (music resume, music teacher recommendation, and audition videos) through your Application Status Page.
- DUE TO COVID-19: All auditions must be self-recorded and submitted through your application status page for the 2020-2021 application cycle. More details will be posted over the coming weeks.
- Once you have submitted your application and audition videos, you will receive one Lawrence admission decision to the degree program you applied.
Use the tabs to the left to find out more about audition requirements for your instrument, audition dates, and frequently asked questions.
**If you are an international student who would like to pursue a music degree, please make sure to use the international admissions checklist when applying.
Application and Audition Deadlines
|Application Round||Application Due Date||Audition Due Date|
|Early Decision (binding)||November 1, 2020||
November 1, 2020
|Early Action 1||November 1, 2020||November 11, 2020|
|Regular Decision||January 15, 2021||January 25, 2021|
*Early Action 2 is not available for students applying for a conservatory degree.
What We Consider
Common Application or the Lawrence Application (we accept either)
- Letter of Recommendation (from an academic teacher)
- Test scores (if you wish, as we are test optional)
- Interview (recommended, not required)
In addition, all music applicants must:
- Submit self-recorded audition videos
- Submit a music resume
- Submit a music teacher recommendation
All above materials must be submitted by the chosen application deadline.
Students are required to complete an application before submitting audition videos. Auditions are required if you:
- plan on pursuing any of our degree options with a major in music (including a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Music - Music-B.A.)
- plan on majoring in something other than music and are interested in our Ensemble Award
Auditions are recommended if you are considering:
- a music minor
- private lessons or participating in ensembles