To audition for the flute studio, please prepare the following:
- All major and minor scales by memory.
- Chromatic scale up to high C (D if possible) by memory.
- Three contrasting works that demonstrate tone, technique and an awareness of style. Individual movements of works are acceptable.
- Sight reading will be included on live auditions.
- Auditions are 30-45 minutes in length. This includes time to talk about the applicant’s goals and music program and possibilities for study at LU.
- Pianists are not required but are encouraged for video auditions.
- Music resumes and repertoire lists are not required at auditions but are welcome.
If you are interested in pursuing a minor in music, auditions are not required but strongly encouraged.
For those interested in joining an ensemble or taking lessons but not joining a degree program:
- please let the Admissions office know of your interest.
- please be in contact with Suzanne Jordheim and/or Erin Lesser directly.
For more information, please see the Conservatory Admissions page.