Services provided by the CAS include:
- Academic Counseling and Academic Skills: Improving college success skills, including motivation, accountability, goal-setting, time management, study skills, and meta-cognition (the ability to use self-reflection to improve how to learn most effectively).
- Tutoring: Providing peer academic support in an individualized (one-on-one or small group) setting.
- English as a Second Language: Developing skills in academic English for speakers of English as a second language.
- Academic Procedures: Providing information about academic progress, preparing academic petitions, discussing academic policy options, arranging for an incomplete, taking a leave of absence, returning from a leave, or withdrawing from Lawrence.
- Courses & Workshops: Offering courses and workshops that address and promote academic success.
All students are encouraged to take advantage of the CAS's resources and expertise to maximize their potential and success at Lawrence.
The Center for Academic Success is located on the 2nd floor of the Library.
1:30-3:00 PM Tues & Wed
1:30-3:00 PM Mon-Fri
Lawrence students seeking tutoring support should look on their course syllabi and Canvas sites (or check with course instructors) for a list of available tutors. Students may contact these tutors directly to arrange for tutoring. To request a tutor, use the "Get Assistance" button in Navigate (Log into Navigate; Click on the “Get Assistance” button & follow prompts to request a tutor) or download the free Navigate Student app, available from the Apple and Google Play stores (Click on the “Appointments” icon in the app, then the “Schedule Appointment” option, & follow the prompts to request a tutor).
Drop-in writing tutoring (first come, first served) is available during the academic year by the CAS (second floor, Mudd Library) at these days/times: Sun-Thurs: 1-11pm & Fri-Sat: 1-5pm
Drop-in tutoring for 100- and 200- level MATH courses is available during the academic year by the CAS (second floor, Mudd Library) at these days/times: Mon-Fri: 10-11am and 3:30-4:30pm
The CAS provides tutors for Lawrence University students. If you’re seeking a tutor for a K-12 student, please click here.
Schedule an appointment online!
Center for Academic Success
711 East Boldt Way
Appleton, WI 54911-5626