Apply for Financial Aid
To apply for need-based financial aid at Lawrence University, please complete the appropriate steps listed here. Use the links below to complete the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
How to Submit Documents
|Upload||Go to your Application Status page (the same one you used for your admissions application)|
Financial Aid Office
Fall 2016 Financial Aid Checklist
- Available: October 1, 2015 (the sooner you file, the sooner after your admission we can send you an aid award)
- Priority filing date: February 1, 2016
- Website: http://student.collegeboard.org/profile
- Lawrence University's CSS PROFILE code: 1398
- Completion of the CSS PROFILE is required in order to be considered for Lawrence funded need-based aid
- The fee to complete the PROFILE is $25 (the fee for each additional college is $16). Some families may qualify for a fee waiver based on income. Click here for more information about the automatic fee wavier.
To qualify for an automatic PROFILE fee waiver, a student must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. resident
- Dependent student for financial aid
- First-time, first-year applicant
- Have parental assets below $33,780 (home equity below $100,000 is excluded), and
- Report parent income within the USDA Reduced Price Income Guidelines by family size (below):
Family Size Income 2 $29,471 3 $37,167 4 $44,863 5 $52,559 6 $60,255 7 $67,951 8 $75,647
- Note: Lawrence does not receive documents through the College Board IDC service. Tax documents should be emailed, faxed or mailed directly to the Financial Aid Office.
- Available: January 1, 2016
- Priority filing date: March 1, 2016
- Website: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Lawrence University's federal school code: 003856
- Completion of the FAFSA is required in order to be considered for the following federal student aid:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal SEOG
- Federal Stafford Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Work-Study
For Fall 2016 admission, submit a copy of your 2014 federal tax return. We want to make the process of applying for financial aid as easy as possible. Many families file their tax return in March or April. Chances are your 2014 federal tax return is already available.
- Submit a copy of Pages 1 & 2 of IRS Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ directly to the Lawrence Financial Aid Office AND
- If applicable:
- IRS Schedules A, C, E and/or F
- IRS Form 1065 (Partnership Income), 1120 (Corporation) and/or U.S.S.R. (S Corporation)
*NOTE: Lawrence does not receive documents through the College Board IDC service. Tax documents should be emailed, faxed or mailed directly to the Financial Aid Office.
- Submit a copy of all 2014 W-2 Forms directly to the Lawrence Financial Aid Office by email, fax or mail.
If your parents are divorced, separated, or were never married, your Custodial Parent is who you should complete the FAFSA & CSS PROFILE with. Not sure who that is? This nifty chart should help.
- The Noncustodial PROFILE is to be completed by your parent who is not included on the FAFSA or CSS PROFILE.
- Website: https://ncprofile.collegeboard.com/
- Important: Your CSS PROFILE Registration Confirmation or Submittal Acknowledgement will contain information you will need to provide to your noncustodial parent so he or she can complete the Noncustodial PROFILE.
- Note: You will be given an opportunity when completing the CSS PROFILE to have the College Board notify your noncustodial parent directly by email. Please have your noncustodial parent's email address available at that time, as this is your only opportunity to have the College Board notify your parent on your behalf.
- Noncustodial PROFILE Waiver - In certain situations, Lawrence will consider waiving this requirement. Please complete the Noncustodial PROFILE Waiver Request (PDF).