Off-Campus Program costs can be broken down into three parts: tuition, program fee, additional costs. For the cost of any particular program, please visit that program's website. Links are provided via our program pages.
- Tuition - Lawrence University students participating in Lawrence-approved off-campus programs will be billed as follows:
- Regular Lawrence University tuition for programs equal in length to a Lawrence University term
- OCP’s semester tuition rate for programs longer than 12 weeks.
- Note: If the program tuition is higher than the applicable Lawrence term or off-campus semester tuition, the student will be billed the difference.
- Program Fee - In addition to tuition, and in lieu of on-campus room and board, Lawrence University students will be billed the program fee assessed by the off-campus program they are attending. The program fee typically covers all or a portion of housing and food expenses and may include costs for local transportation, excursions, etc.
- Additional Costs - These may include application fees, confirmation deposits, airline tickets, health insurance, etc. Further information is available on each program's website, linked via our program pages.
Students participating in LU-sponsored or -affiliated off-campus programs are invoiced through their Lawrence student account for tuition and billable program fees.
Upon acceptance into any program, students will have to pay a one-time confirmation deposit. This is to hold the student's space in the program. Unlike tuition and program fees, the confirmation deposit will be billed directly to the student. For programs like the London Centre and Senegal, which are run by Lawrence University, students will pay their confirmation deposit through Voyager.
Financial Aid Applies!
Off-Campus Programs students participating in Lawrence-sponsored or Lawrence-affiliated off-campus programs are able to utilize their financial aid package toward their off-campus program. For more detailed information on how financial aid packages will apply, please see Financial Aid, Billings, Deposits and Refunds.
We strongly encourage all students considering an off-campus program to meet with the Financial Aid Office to discuss how studying off-campus may impact their financial aid award and status. In most cases, Stafford, Perkins, PLUS, and private alternative loans can be applied to off-campus study.
If you have not received aid in the past, you may still be eligible for financial aid to help with your off-campus study expenses and you should consult the Financial Aid Office and consider completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to see if you are eligible for aid.
You may be eligible for scholarships to help fund your off-campus program. Scholarships to consider are:
- Lawrence University's OCP Scholarships
- Lawrence University departmental scholarships - Some departments on campus offer scholarships for study abroad, e.g., French and Francophone Studies, German, and Anthropology. Check with your major/minor department to see what is available and to apply to department-specific scholarships.
- Program-specific scholarships - Many of our programs are run by affiliated program partners that offer their own scholarships and financial aid
- Other national, state, or local outside scholarships