Please review the following information
to better assist you with accessing counseling services.
We understand that each situation is unique and ONLY YOU can determine how you feel. However, we can respond in the following ways according to your individual needs:
IMMEDIATELY risk of suicide or harm to someone else and you are unable to come to the Counseling Center contact:
24/7 Counseling Crisis Line 920-4198167
County Crisis 920-832-4646
Campus Safety 920-832-6999
- You are at immediate risk of taking your own life or the life of someone else
- You have taken recent steps to end your life or fear you cannot keep yourself safe
- You have had your life threatened by another person
- You are seeing or hearing things others do not seem to see or hear
What you can expect: A counselor will focus specifically on assessing safety and helping you to address safety concerns.
Call Counseling Crisis Center 920-419-8167, or stop by the Counseling Center during Walk-In hours (Monday through Friday, check in between 1pm - 2:30 p.m.)
If you experience the following:
- You are dealing with a personal crisis that needs rapid attention
What you can expect: A counselor will see you will see you for a brief (20 minutes) triage appointment during Walk-In hours. These appointments focus on helping you gain access to counseling services as quickly as possible.
Scheduled appointments are available for students interested in speaking with a counselor when the situation is not considered an emergency.
We ask that every school year to come into Health Services on the 2nd level of the Wellness Center and complete some initial paperwork. Once your initial consultation forms are completed and reviewed, we can schedule an appointment with a counselor.
Common concerns student bring to intake appointments include:
- Eating and body image concerns
- Adjustment to college and/or academic difficulties
- Relationship problems/breakups
- Self-esteem/ Self-worth
- Drug/alcohol use
- Other concerns not listed here
Follow-up appointments are typically 50-60 minutes scheduled by your counselor. We are not typically able to offer standing weekly appointments. In urgent or crisis situations we might schedule more than one appointment with a student during a brief period until a situation is resolved. There’s no limit on follow-up visits.