Please review the following information to better assist you with accessing counseling services. We understand that each situation is unique and ONLY YOU can determine how you feel. However, we can respond in the following ways according to your individual needs:
Level 1: EMERGENCY Appointments
IMMEDIATELY contact the Counseling Crisis Center at 920-419-8167:
- You are at immediate risk of taking your own life or the life of someone else
- You have taken recent steps to end your life or fear you cannot keep yourself safe
- You have had your life threatened by another person
- You are seeing or hearing things others do not seem to see or hear
What you can expect: A counselor will focus specifically on assessing safety and helping you to address safety concerns.
Level 2: URGENT Appointments
Call Couseling Crisis Center 920-419-8167, or stop in to the Counseling Center during Walk-In hours (Monday through Friday, check in between 1pm - 2:30 p.m.) if you experience the following:
- You are dealing with a personal crisis that needs rapid attention
What you can expect: We will see you for a brief (20 minutes) triage appointment during Walk-In hours. These appointments focus on helping you gain access to counseling services as quickly as possible.
Level 3: INTAKE Appointments
Please stop by counseling services to set up an intake appointment during business hours. You will be asked to fill out intake paperwork. Once complete, you will be contacted within 48 hours to find the next available appointment. Common concerns student bring to intake appointments include:
- Eating and body image concerns
- Adjustment to college and/or academic difficulties
- Relationship problems/break ups
- Self-esteem/Self worth
- Drug/alcohol use
- Other concerns not listed here
**NOTE: If you are a victim/survivor of unwanted sexual contact, you are welcome to call the counseling center during business hours at 920-832-6574, outside business hours call the Counseling Crisis Center at 920-419-8167, or the sexual assault crisis line 24 hours per day, at 920-733-8119. We also have a Sexual Assault Crisis Counselor on-site most Monday afternoons during the Academic year from 1-4 p.m. and a Sexual Assault Campus Advocate on staff.