Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the mailing address?
711 E. Boldt Way, SPC# (You can find your SPC number in Voyage after July 18th).
Appleton, WI 54911
2. Are parent activities required?
Parent activities are not required but suggested. Parent activities provide you with an opportunity to meet faculty, staff and other parents and to learn about Lawrence University.
3. What are some of the area hotels?
Please visit Lawrence.edu, https://www.lawrence.edu/students/services/student-life/welcome-week/parent_orientation for a list of hotels and rates. Mention you are visiting Appleton for Lawrence University Welcome Week for the university rate.
4. Vehicle registration, is it required and how do I register my car?
Yes, all vehicles must be registered. Students complete vehicle registration through their Voyager account.
5. Does Lawrence offer health insurance or renters insurance?
Lawrence works with Consolidated Health Plans (CHP) as an insurance vendor, information can be found on our website, https://www.lawrence.edu/students/wellness/health/insurance
Lawrence does not offer renters or property insurance. NSSI offers insurance https://www.nssi.com
The following questions are related to IT, for more complete information please contact the IT help desk at 920-832-6570 or by email at email@example.com
6. I’m having problems activating my Lawrence e-mail account.
The username format is last name first initial @lawrence.edu (e.g. Lawrence Viking, firstname.lastname@example.org) if the student is still having problems forward to IT helpdesk, 920-832-6570.
7. How to access Lawrence email (locked out)?
We are happy to reset your password/ PIN for you however, since you are not on campus policy dictates that we need a written request.
Please complete the following:
• E-mail the Helpdesk your written request, including which password to change (network/e-mail or Voyager), your name, Lawrence ID number, signature, and, if possible, a copy of your LU ID card or other form of identification. To do this, write out your request and scan it as a '.jpg' file and then send the file to email@example.com
8. How do I activate my Voyager account?
Step 1: Activate your Lawrence account
Steps to activate your account:
1. From your Internet browser go to the Lawrence University Account Center at https://viking.lawrence.edu/. The account center allows users to manage their network account, connect to Web Mail (email) and access Lawrence Voyager.
2. Click Change my Password
3. At the Captcha prompt enter the letters displayed and click Verify Captcha
4. Enter your username from your deposit confirmation letter
5. Enter the password from your deposit confirmation letter
6. Click Login
7. Select three security questions and supply the answers and then click Submit
8. In the password field enter a new password of your choice. Retype your new password in the Confirm field. a.Note: Your new password must meet the following conditions:
i.MUST be at least 8 characters in length. ITS recommends less than 14 characters.
ii.Contain characters from three of the following four categories:
A. at least one uppercase English character (A through Z)
B. at least one lowercase English character (a through z)
C. at least one numeral (0 through 9)
D.Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
9.Click Change Password
10.Click Return to Main Menu. After about 5 minutes, you will be able to use your account and new password to access your Voyager and email account