There are two commercial airports in the Appleton area:
Appleton International Airport - ATW (about 10km from Lawrence) – BEST option
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines – flies internationally and links to Appleton from Atlanta, Detroit, Memphis, and Minneapolis
- United Airlines – flies internationally and links into Appleton from Chicago
Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay - GRB (about 50km from Lawrence)
- American Eagle – American Airlines – flies internationally and links into Green Bay from Chicago
- Frontier Airlines – a domestic airline which serves the following cities with primary service: Milwaukee, Boston, New York, Atlanta, Dallas, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver. All flights to Green Bay are via Milwaukee.
- Delta Airlines and United Airlines – also serve Green Bay, but since they serve Appleton, it is far preferable to come directly to Appleton
There is bus service available to Appleton with connections from the major cities in the United States. The bus terminal is about eight blocks from the Lawrence campus. Bus schedules are online at www.greyhound.com. Another bus service, Amtrak Thruway, offers daily connections between Appleton, Milwaukee and Chicago; students can save 15% with code (V307). Tickets can be purchased online at http://bit.ly/AmtrakBus, via the Amtrak App, or by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL.
If you plan to fly to Chicago and take a bus to Appleton from there, please contact International House for additional information. Please note that we strongly recommend that you fly directly to Appleton instead of taking the bus as flying is much more convenient and faster.