International Student Orientation starts on Friday, September 6, and ends Sunday, September 8, 2024.
F-1 and J-1 students, please arrive on September 4 or September 5, 2024 to allow yourself time to adjust before participating in the required International Orientation programming beginning September 9. Dual citizens, permanent residents, and students with global backgrounds are also welcome. Sign-up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your arrival plans have been finalized, please complete the Arrival Form.
Please note: 1) The following schedule is supplemental to the Welcome Week schedule of events. 2) Updates to these schedules could occur between publish date and the day of the events due to unforseeable changes. The date and time of updates (if any) will be listed below the section title. 3) A print-ready PDF schedule of each day's events is provided at the beginning of each section that looks like the preview below.
To view maps of the campus, please visit the Campus Maps area of our site.
More information to come!
International Student Summer Checklist
- Complete a visa interview at your local embassy (if needed). Contact International Student Services (ISS) with any immigration questions.
- Book your plane ticket and submit your arrival information to ISS. Note: Students with extenuating circumstances requesting an early arrival will be confirmed by Residential Education and Housing. Please check with the Residential Education and Housing Office at email@example.com regarding additional charges.
- Review the International Pre-departure Handbook. This handbook is updated every July for the new incoming class.
- Review health insurance requirements and information for international students. Health insurance waivers are due by July 1, 2023, otherwise all international students will be automatically signed up and charged for health insurance.
- Learn more about the optional Friendship Family Program and consider applying.
- Make a plan to waive the foreign language requirement (if applicable) by checking the Lawrence University Course Catalog policy.
- Review the transfer credit policies (if applicable) in the Lawrence University Course Catalog.
- Contact International Student Services (ISS) with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect with the International Student Services office and Lawrence International student organization on Facebook.
Welcome Lawrence international students, global nomads, and U.S. citizens from abroad! Our staff is preparing the orientation materials and schedule for Fall Term and will update this page very soon.