You may recall that in October 2013, Sean Foy, national fitness expert, spoke on campus about “Fitness That Works” and how just one minute of movement every hour can increase energy, reduce stress, improve self-confidence, inspire creativity, etc. Sean has been working closely with the Wellness Council of America (WELCOA) to create a user-friendly online program to help get people moving, have fun and feel their best.
Lawrence University has been selected to participate in this program at no cost along with several other Wisconsin employers. In addition to Lawrence’s Gold Well Workplace designation that we achieved in 2013, our participation in this program will allow us to be recognized as one of the healthiest and most attractive employers in the state.
CLICK HERE to watch a 90-second video from Sean welcoming Lawrence faculty and staff to participate in the program.
Here is what you need to know:
- This program officially begins on April 6 and runs for 12 weeks
- Register no later than Friday, April 10 so that you don’t miss out on points starting with Week 1
- CLICK HERE to register now and create your profile This takes about 5 minutes.
- This program is:
- EASY! The goal is to move at least 10 minutes each day.
- an online challenge between Wisconsin employers
- open to all faculty and staff
- beneficial to everyone… it doesn’t matter if you do little to no exercise or if you are a marathon runner!
- Each week, participants will receive (through the program website) a motivational message and unique challenge from your coach, Sean Foy.
- Every action that you complete will earn points for Lawrence and get us one step closer to being one of the Top 100 most active companies in the state!
Thank you to President Burstein for his support of this program and commitment to fostering an environment that encourages daily movement, healthy living and improved well-being.
Together, let’s get moving!