The Health Center encourages students to make a plan with their healthcare provider regarding prescription refills during the academic calendar. Students may need to schedule follow-up appointments over breaks if necessary. Providers can send prescriptions to Hometown Pharmacy to be delivered to campus, or students can transfer prescriptions by contacting the pharmacy. Contact Landis Health Center with any questions/concerns.
Pharmacy Partnership with Landis Health Center
Hometown Pharmacy (formerly Consumer Prescription Center)
2310 West College Ave. Appleton, WI
Phone - 920-739-9232
*Full-service pharmacy and delivers to campus Monday-Friday
Transfer Prescriptions *Contact Hometown Pharmacy
- Have your current pharmacy's name and phone number available
- Your prescription number (RX#)
- Let them know that you are a Lawrence student and would like the medication delivered to campus.
- Notify the Health Center to send the student's insurance information to the pharmacy. *Make sure that the Health Center has your most up-to-date health and prescription insurance cards.
Prescription Refills * once established with Hometown Pharmacy
Students are responsible for calling in refills (check the medication bottle for the number of refills available). To refill a medication call the pharmacy: Hometown Pharmacy has a 24/7 answering system so you may call in a refill at any hour.
- Provide your name
- Date of birth
- Prescription number (RX#)
- This information is usually on the label of your medication. *Be sure to tell the pharmacy that you are a Lawrence student and would like the medication delivered to campus.
Refills must be called in by 11:00am for same day delivery. For help with new prescriptions, please feel free to contact the Health Center for assistance.