Health Insurance Requirement
The health insurance requirement can be meet in the following ways:
- Bring your own insurance, either as an individual or as a dependent on your parent or guardian's health insurance policy
- Purchase the Lawrence University Insurance Plan available through Wellfleet Health Insurance
You must provide Wellness Services with a copy of your current insurance card. Please upload and submit via LeapFile. Learn more about using LeapFile.
Check with your insurance company to verify you have coverage in the Appleton area.
Wellfleet Health Insurance Plan
Wellfleet Health Insurance is the servicing agent that provides health insurance plans to students at Lawrence University. Coverage includes the Appleton area. Domestic and international student health insurance plans are ACA compliant and also include athletic coverage. Find information regarding coverage related to COVID-19.
Please visit Wellfleet Health Insurance's website to learn more about enrollment and plan coverage.
Domestic Student Health Insurance
Domestic students are considered students that are US citizens, including those with dual citizenship. Domestic students are not automatically enrolled in an insurance plan. U.S. based students may opt-in to the Wellfleet policy (enrollment deadline, Oct. 1) by enrolling at their website. Information about other insurance plans can be found at HealthCare.gov.
International Student Health Insurance
International students are considered non-citizen visa holders (typically F-1 and J-1 visas). All international students will be automatically enrolled in Lawrence's student insurance plan. International students are enrolled in the plan automatically, unless a waiver is submitted to the International Student Services Office.
Please refer to the International Student Health page for more information. If you are an international students and have any questions about insurance, please contact International Student Services.
- Key Insurance Terms and Definitions
- Advanced Glossary of Insurance Terms: National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
- Guide to U.S. Health Care for Students with Global Backgrounds at Lawrence University
- Video overview of the U.S. Health system created by International Student Health Insurance
Have questions regarding health coverage?
The best way to get answers regarding your insurance coverage is to call your customer service phone number and ask. Have your insurance card on hand when calling.
Please contact Wellness Services with any questions.