Learn about Pathway Program courses
Want to know what a year of coursework looks like in the Pathways Program? Check out a sample course schedule!
Reasons to join the Pathways Program
Get personalized attention with access to additional support services, such as:
- Average class size: 15 students
- Student-to-faculty ratio: 8:1
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes available every term
- ESL-trained writing and communications tutors for one-on-one help
- Tutor-led discussion groups for practicing English skills
- A faculty academic advisor
- A program director dedicated to helping each student maximize the first year in order to work toward English language, academic, and career goals
Benefit from a full immersion residential campus community:
- English-speaking Lawrence roommate in one of seven residence halls on our beautiful riverside campus
- Upper-class student mentor to help with questions about the university, adaptation to American culture, and campus life
- 22 varsity athletic teams and over 150 student organizations and clubs
- Extensive volunteer opportunities on campus and in the surrounding community
- 1 university dining facility where the community gathers for meals and conversation
Engage with Appleton community to learn about American culture, and advance your career goals through Career Counseling and the LU Alumni network:
- Friendship Family Program is an informal way for you to experience typical American family life, culture, and traditions. You'll be paired with volunteer families to connect for meals, family gatherings, and day trips for local events.
- Career workshop including resume writing, practice interviews
- A community of 20,000 loyal alumni who are eager to support you and expand your global support network through on-campus presentations or career service activities.
To successfully complete the Pathway program, students must meet university admissions English language proficiency requirements, obtain a 70 or higher on the MTELP English Language Proficiency Test, and maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
Application, Scholarship, and Visa Support
- Apply online at go.lawrence.edu/apply
- Renewable merit and need-based scholarships available
- TOEFL iBT 65-79; meets all other academic requirements for LU admissions