Feb 107:00 PM - 08:00 PMLocation: Warch Campus Center 204 - Cinema
Feb 402:30 PM - 06:30 PMLocation: Memorial Hall 113 - Diversity Center
Apr 1106:30 PM - 09:00 PMLocation: Wriston Art Center 224 - Wriston Auditorium
The Scarff professorial chair allows Lawrence University to bring to campus distinguished public servants, professional leaders, and scholars to provide broad perspectives on the central issues of the day. Scarff professors teach courses, offer public lectures, and collaborate with students and faculty members in research and scholarship. Read more about the history of the professorship.
Main Hall Forum Series
The Main Hall Forum series sponsors a wide range of lectures by Lawrence faculty and distinguished academic guests speaking on historical and contemporary issues and presenting recent scholarships in the humanities and social sciences.
Thomas A. Steitz Hall of Science Colloquium
The Thomas A. Steitz Hall of Science Colloquium is a series of cross-disciplinary lectures that address research developments in diverse areas of the natural and physical sciences.
Recent Advances in Biology Lecture Series
The Recent Advances in Biology lecture series, sponsored by the biology department, addresses issues and advances in biological research. Talks by Lawrence faculty members and scientists from other universities and organizations expose students to the latest discoveries in a wide range of biological disciplines.
Fine Arts Colloquium
The Fine Arts Colloquium presents lectures that touch on topics related to art, art history and theatre.
Special Interest Series
Over the years, gifts from alumni and other friends of Lawrence have made funds available to support events of special interest, such as:
- Mojmir Povolny Lectureship in International Studies, promotes discussion on issues of moral significance and ethical dimension
- Marguerite Schumann ’44 Memorial Lectureship, sponsors speakers on topics that were of special interest to Ms. Schumann, such as history, music and writing
- Mia T. Paul, ’95, Poetry Fund Lectures
- William Chaney Lectureship in the Humanities
- Edward F. Mielke Lecture Series in Biomedical Ethics
- Spoerl Lectureship in Science in Society
University-wide convocations are scheduled for three times a year.