New Student Orientation and Move In Information
We are excited about welcoming the Class of 2025, transfer students, and exchange students to campus!
Below are the dates and times for arrivals and check-in on campus:
- Sept. 1-2: International students arrival
- Sept. 3: International students orientation begins - see the program here (PDF)
- Sept. 6-9: Optional pre-orientation programs (confirmed participants arrive on Sept. 6)
- Sept. 8: Optional First-year student move-in from 1pm -5pm - New students and families who would like additional time to move in may check in on this day and move into their rooms. You do not need to give advance notice if you elect to arrive during the optional move in day; simply show up within the designated time. There will not be any programming on this day. Students and families are welcome to explore the Appleton area and dine in the community.
- Sept. 9: First-year students move in from 8am – noon & new student and parent orientation begins
Note: These dates do not include those programs/activities that require an earlier arrival (e.g. athletics, Summer Institute). If you are participating in a program prior to the start of New Student Orientation, you will receive move-in information directly from those programs.
Find the New Student Orientation Schedule here. It will be updated frequently, so please check back often.
Parents and Families Program
We are excited to welcome parents and families to Lawrence for orientation! Families may assist students in moving to campus and are invited to participate in programs and activities through Thursday evening.
We ask that no more than two persons assist with moving a student into their residence hall as we seek to manage congestion and have an efficient move-in process. Each residence hall will have a few persons from our campus community to assist with moving your items.
Programming for Families
On Thursday, Sept. 9, there will be opportunities to visit and meet with staff that will be instrumental partners in your student’s success. You will have the opportunity to attend panel presentations, learn more about the Lawrence community and deepen your understanding of how you may best support your student as parents/families.
The President’s Welcome, the formal ceremony that launches the new academic year, will take place on Thursday afternoon on Main Hall Green. We will conclude the parent and families program with a reception at Hamar House, the official residence of the University President, on Thursday evening, concluding at 6:30 p.m. We ask that families plan on leaving campus around that time as we expect to engage your students fully for the next few days.
- Sophomore orientation: September 10-11, 2021
- Lawrence University COVID-19 status and information
- Housing Information
- New Student Packing Guide
- Dining Information