Benefits of Joining the Lawrence Team
There are many benefits associated with careers in residence life and student affairs, and we believe Lawrence is a great place to work! In addition to Lawrence's competitive compensation package, RHDs at Lawrence enjoy:
- The opportunity to gain professional functional experience in a 1/3-time collateral assignment. Collateral assignments typically support: diversity programs, intramural programming, campus life programs, academic support services, volunteer and community services, student organization support and Greek life.
- The mentorship of experienced, invested, and interested colleagues on the student affairs staff.
- Active participation in student affairs staff committees and initiative and a comprehensive fall training program.
- Professional development opportunities including conference attendance, professional organization membership, and student affairs staff development sessions. Previous and current hall directors have been actively involved in the Upper Midwest Region of the Association of College University Housing Officers (UMR-ACUHO) and have served on committees, presented programs, and garnered case study competition accolades. RHDs are also involved in WAICU (Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities) and other organizations related to their collateral position interests.
- A friendly, supportive work environment that values diversity, work-life balance, and personal wellness.
- A diverse population of students from across the United States and around the world