Your Direct Loan Servicer
The U.S. Department of Education is the lender for all William D. Ford Federal Direct Loans. These loans will remain with the federal government for the life of the loan. Your Direct Loan Servicer will oversee your loan account until all your direct loans are paid in full. Your loan servicer will be your primary contact throughout repayment to process your deferment and forbearance forms, provide answers to your questions regarding payment, provide information about the various repayment options, process change of address forms, and send you your bills. To find out who is servicing your Direct Loans, login to studentaid.gov (you will need your FSA ID and password).
Find a list of Loan Servicers appointed by the U.S. Department of Education.
Have you borrowed a federal direct loan during your time here?
If yes, now is the time to complete Exit Counseling.
You have several repayment options for your Federal Direct Loans. In addition to different repayment plans, the U.S. Department of Education offers loan forgiveness programs for teachers and public service positions.
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling demo
- What to expect of exit counseling and while your loans are in repayment (video)
- Loan repayment options (further information about this will be in the online Exit Counseling you complete) (video)
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (video)
- Tips for Successful Student Loan Repayment (PDF)