You'll find many offices, staff, and faculty as sources of support and information during your time on campus. 

Campus Offices

Diversity & Intercultural Center

The Diversity and Intercultural Center (DIC) ensures a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students. The office is committed to helping students with diverse backgrounds thrive personally, socially, and academically at Lawrence through education, conversation, and celebrations that embrace culture and identity in oneself and others. 

Learn more about DIC

International Student Services

International Student Services (ISS) supports all students with global backgrounds, including U.S. based students with international heritage. The ISS is devoted to the unique personal and educational goals and needs of the diverse student community at Lawrence University. 

ISS is familiar with immigration issues, particularly regulation issues. You can consult with ISS staff on immigration topics, such as DACA and advanced parole travel options. They can also provide you with information to find a qualified immigration attorney.

Learn more about ISS

Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion

The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) facilitates the efforts of Lawrence faculty, students, and staff to enhance the diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives represented in the campus community. They help individuals and groups engage with this diversity in ways that increase awareness, cultural competence, intercultural understanding to create a more inclusive Lawrence. The office also runs initiatives to help prevent and provide redress to illegal discrimination and bias-related incidents.

Learn more about the Office of DEI

Confidential Resources

Counseling Services

Lawrence University Counseling is a safe, confidential space for all students. You may schedule an appointment in advance or meet with a counselor during walk-in hours. In a mental healthy emergency where you need support immediately, contact 911 or the University Criss Line at 920-419-8167.

Learn more about Counseling Services

The Center for Spiritual & Religious Life

The Center for Spiritual and Religious Life (S&RL) is available to all students, regardless of religious or spiritual background. It is a welcoming space for curious, intentional, respectful engagement with persons of similar, different, or no religious tradition, and for quiet personal reflection and spiritual practice.

Dean Linda Morgan-Clement and Associate Dean Terra Winston-Sage of the Center meet regularly with Lawrentians on a variety of matters. All meetings are confidential. 

Learn more about S&RL

Additional Resources

Legal Support

You may seek legal counsel at your own expense. Contact International Student Services (ISS) for information about how to identify appropriate legal immigration counsel. 

Visit International Student Services


Some banks may open an account for individuals who present an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number). Others will require a social security number. It is recommended. you call prospective banks in advance to determine document requirements.


You may not work on or off campus without lawful work authorization. Employment authorization (I-9 verification) is required for campus employment. If you are a DACA student, you can work for paid employment with a valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

Visit the Career Center to learn about campus employment

Financial Awards & Prizes

If you've received a prize over $600, you must present a social security number or an ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number). Contact the Office of Financial Aid to discuss specific awards or prizes. 

Visit the Office of Financial Aid

Health Insurance

Lawrence students, regardless of citizenship and immigration status are eligible for the Lawrence University health insurance plan administered by Wellfleet. For information about signing up for health insurance, contact Wellness Services or the Dean of Students office

Learn more about Student Health Insurance Plans

International Travel

It is recommended DACA and undocumented students consult with an immigration attorney when considering international travel. International Student Services can help you find legal appropriate legal counseling. 

Visit International Student Services

Tax Obligation

Tax obligations are not necessarily limited to students with lawful immigration status. If you have questions about U.S. tax obligations, please consult a tax professional. Failure to comply with U.S. tax obligations is unlawful. 


Some volunteer positions, such as working in schools, require criminal background checks. If you are a DACA student with a social security number, you may be able to complete the background check. If you do not have a social security number, contact the Center for Community Engagement and Social Change (CCE) for alternative or additional options. 

Visit the CCE