Merit helps us—and you—share your brightest moments with hometown newspapers, government representatives, and high schools, as well as family and friends. Potential achievements to share may include:
- Academic awards or honors
- Presentations and performances
- Graduation from LU
- And more.
Stories created by the Office of Communications highlighting your achievements will be featured on Lawrence’s institutional Merit page and will also appear on an individual page. Use it to create a profile to support internships, job searches, and references after graduation.
Think of it as a digital record of your Lawrence experience that you can share with family, friends, employers, mentors, and others via social media or a customized URL.
How Merit Works
Before any story is distributed in any way, you decide if you’d like to participate in the program. You will be notified by email when your name or accomplishment is loaded into Merit. You can then choose to opt-in to or opt-out of the program. The university will not share any individual accomplishment on the Merit platform until you opt-in to the program.
If you choose to opt-in...
You’ll have access to your personal Merit page, where you can update your personal information or add individual accomplishments. You can also share your accomplishments via social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
If you choose to opt-out...
Your page will automatically be removed from Lawrence’s Merit pages and the university will not publish and distribute news about you through Merit in the future.
If you do not respond to the email...
You will continue to receive notifications when your achievements are recognized in Merit until you either opt-in or opt-out of the program. If you decide to opt-in, you will see an archive of achievements on your individual profile. Please note that these archived achievements were not distributed in any way; only future achievements will be distributed.
Personalizing Your Merit Page
You can personalize your page by sharing a photo, short biography, work experience, organization affiliations, and other activities. Changes can also be made to personal information, such as name, hometown, and major. Individual changes to names or addresses within your Merit profile will be prioritized over university data.
Once you’ve opted in, you can personalize your Merit page at any time. Here’s how:
- Visit lawrence.meritpages.com and search for your name OR refer to the link to your profile that is included in Merit emails you receive.
- Click on your name to view your profile and follow the instructions to update your profile.
- Upload a photo, add a short bio, and change your name or address, among other options.
- Update your privacy settings by clicking on the “My Account” button on the top of your page and then the “Privacy” link in the left-hand menu. Privacy settings include making your page searchable and determining who can follow your accomplishments.
- Visit the password recovery page if you forget your Merit password.
Have questions about your Merit page?
If you have any questions about the platform, read our FAQ or email Ed Berthiaume in the Office of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or find answers to frequently asked Merit page questions.
We want to hear your stories!
Know something interesting, exciting, or "just so Lawrence?" Tell us about it!