Using the Makerspace
- First: Watch the initial training videos, as well as the training videos for the piece of equipment you'd like to use, that are available on the Makerspace Guide.
- Second: Attend an open training session (listed on the Makerspace Guide each term), or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a different time.
- To have your access renewed from a previous school year, complete the Makerspace Access Reinstatement Form.
Reserving Makerspace Equipment
After training has been completed, students need to reserve time with the makerspace equipment when they wish to use it.
The makerspace guide is a helpful tool that includes instructions, tips, links to design programs and places to find 3D objects, policies, and more!
- Learn about the cool stuff that students and faculty have been making in our academic makerspace in our summer coffeehouse presentation! Our makerspace is located in the library of a small liberal arts campus and serves all academic departments. Go to the Makerspace Coffeehouse 2022 presentation Contact us a email@example.com if you’d like to talk […]
- To remind students to think sustainably while thinking creatively, we created this sign for the space. Text reads: IN OUR MAKERSPACE, WEREDUCE: Take care of materials and supplies to reduce waste. This means putting filament in bags with ends secured to reduce filament spoilage and tangles, which leads to bad prints. Put supplies back where […]