What's a Makerspace?
Our makerspace is a room on the first floor of the Mudd Library where all members of the Lawrence University Community are welcome to use a bunch of cool equipment to make things! We especially encourage faculty and students to use the space and equipment in their courses and academic work.
Using the Makerspace
- All Lawrence students, faculty, and staff are welcome to attend open training sessions on Thursdays at 11 am and Fridays at 1:30 pm during the school year.
- Alternate training may be arranged by emailing email@example.com.
- Faculty are welcome to arrange course-specific training during class time.
- After training has been completed, students will receive card access to the space for the remainder of the school year.
- Complete the Makerspace Access Reinstatement quiz if you would like your access renewed for a new school year.
- See the Reserving Makerspace Equipment page for availability calendars and links to makerspace equipment reservation forms.
- The Makerspace and 3D Printing research guide contains procedures and information about how to use the equipment and software in the makerspace.
- See our policies list for rules and safety guidelines to follow when using the space.
What's in the Makerspace
Thanks to a generous grant from the Associated Colleges of the Midwest, the makerspace has two Ultimaker 2+ 3D printers, one Ultimaker 3 3D printer, and two 3D scanners. The makerspace also includes a standard sewing machine, a heavy duty sewing machine, a Silhouette Cameo electronic cutter, painting supplies, laminator (up to 8 1/2" X 11" paper), a soldering station, and a Glowforge laser cutter.
To read about what's happening in the space, see the makerspace website.
Additional Services in the Makerspace
Audiovisual conversion and duplication equipment is available to convert and duplicate analog and digital media as allowed by copyright law, and is available for Lawrence University faculty, staff, and students. To request assistance, contact media services to make arrangements.