General Library Policies
- Temporary COVID-19 policies (until further notice):
- As of June 29, 2022, masks are optional in all public spaces in the library, as well as all public spaces on campus. Individuals may determine masking guidelines for their offices, classrooms, residences, etc.
- As of April 4, 2022, the library is open to the public Monday- Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (during the school year). A Lawrence ID card will be required to enter the building in the evenings and on weekends during library open hours.
- Snack foods and covered beverages are permitted. See our Food & Drink Policy for more details.
- Circulation Policies: See the circulation page for a list of policies relating to borrowing library materials.
- Offices and lockers:
- Students may use the library lockers by first checking out a key from the circulation desk.
- Student must submit a new request for an office at the start of each term. Submit the Student Office Request form to make a request.
- For both, students need to ensure that any library items kept in the locker/office are checked out and stamped with a due date. If this is not followed, the items will be removed and re-shelved.
- Collection Development Policy: Learn about how and why items are selected for the library.
- Gifts and Donations to the Library: Review the gift policy if you're interested in donating books, artifacts, or other materials, or making a monetary gift to the library.
- Copyright: Information about copyright, fair use, the Digital Millennium copyright act, and copyright in the classroom.
- Privacy & Confidentiality: Learn about how the library protects your privacy.