General Library Policies
- The library is open to all users until 5:00 p.m. every day during the term. After 5:00 p.m. the building is open to Lawrence students and employees by card access.
- Snack foods and covered beverages are permitted. See our Food & Drink Policy for more details.
- Circulation Policies: See the circulation page for a list of policies relating to borrowing library materials.
- Offices and lockers:
- Students may use the library lockers by first checking out a key from the circulation desk.
- Student must submit a new request for an office at the start of each term. Submit the Student Office Request form to make a request.
- For both, students need to ensure that any library items kept in the locker/office are checked out and stamped with a due date. If this is not followed, the items will be removed and re-shelved.
- Collection Development Policy: Learn about how and why items are selected for the library.
- Gifts and Donations to the Library: Review the gift policy if you're interested in donating books, artifacts, or other materials, or making a monetary gift to the library.
- Copyright: Information about copyright, fair use, the Digital Millennium copyright act, and copyright in the classroom.
- Privacy & Confidentiality: Learn about how the library protects your privacy.
- Guest, Community, and Visitor Use: Policies for visitors to campus and members of the Appleton and surrounding community.
- Alumni Policies: Services provided for alumni of Lawrence University