- We asked your friends in the Mudd Library, “What do you do to honor Earth Day?” Here’s what we had to share! “Composing, recycling, using/buying less plastic whenever I can, and learning about planting more native plants” “Say a mental ‘thank you’ to Gaylord Nelson, the Wisconsin Senator and Governor who founded Earth Day “I …
- We’re so honored to welcome back the exhibit, A Stone of Hope: Black Experiences in the Fox Cities, for the remainder of Black History Month (February). This exhibit explores Black history in the area, dating from the 1700s to present times. Learn more about this exhibit, or see the complete digital version at the History …
Outreach & Events
Seeley G. Mudd Library Social Media Mission Statement:
Participation in social media provides the faculty and staff of the Seeley G. Mudd library an important venue through which to reach out to our patrons and therefore another way in which we can carry out the library's greater mission statement. By maintaining a social media presence, our library also gains the ability to reach out to those who are interested in the library's services and resources, but not currently on the Lawrence campus, or currently a member of the Lawrence community.
Your Friends in the Mudd Library on Social Media:
- Main Library Accounts: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Flickr
- University Archives: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Blog
- Makerspace: Instagram | Twitter | Blog | Flickr
- Special Collections: Blog
The Mudd Library participates in many fun events, including the Annual Summer Coffeehouse Series, Welcome Week Open House, Canine Therapy, Annual Constitution Day Displays & Virtual Exhibits, and more!
Does your team or student organization want to set up a table in the library for a fundraiser, advertising for an event, etc.? Contact Pete Gilbert, the library director with details. He will review your request and arrange for a table, chairs, and any additional equipment to be available if your request is approved.
Do you want to collaborate with us and plan an event in the library? We've co-hosted gaming events, art projects, library art walks, fiber arts, and more! Again, contact Pete Gilbert, the library director with details, and he'll find the right librarian to work with you!
The Estelle Ray Reid Scholarship in Library Science
The Estelle Ray Reid Scholarship in Library Science was established from the estate of the former Appleton resident in 1961. The scholarship is awarded during the spring term and is meant to assist a student, past or present, planning to pursue the graduate study of Library Science.
A committee composed of three current library faculty members will evaluate submissions based on the applicant's experience and apparent potential for success in the library profession as expressed in the written statement.
An application including the following information and written statement should be submitted to Peter Gilbert, Library Director. Applications must be received by Wednesday, April 20th, 2022.
- Lawrence University Graduating Class
- E-mail address
- Major at Lawrence
- Schools of Library and Information Science to which you have applied, and date of acceptance
- Written Statement of up to one page which describes your reasons for entering the library profession, experience or training relevant to the field, and career expectations.
Applications should be emailed to:
Peter Gilbert, Library Director