How to apply
We are currently accepting applications for students who plan to begin in the fall 2022 term. We accept either the Lawrence Application or the Common Application with no preference for one over the other. Lawrence University does not charge an application fee.
First-Year Fall Term Application Deadlines
|Application Round||Application Deadline||Admission Notification||Student Decision Deadline|
|Early Decision (binding)||Nov. 1||Dec. 1||Dec. 15|
|Early Action 1||Nov. 1||Dec. 15||May 1|
|Early Action 2||Dec. 1||Jan 25||May 1|
|Regular Decision||Jan. 15||April 1||May 1|
Transfer Application Deadlines
|Entry Term||Application Deadline||Certification of Finances Deadline||Admission & Scholarship Notification|
|Fall (September)||April 1||April 6||May 15|
|Winter (January)||Nov. 1||Nov. 6||Nov. 15|
|Spring (April)||Feb. 1||Feb. 6||Feb. 15|
Application Requirements – All Students
- Official High School Transcript. Students are required to provide an English translation.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency. Proficiency may be demonstrated by any one of the following:
Indication that English is your primary language
Through a letter from your counselor or other school official or, a submitted school profile that indicates that the language of instruction in your high school was English
- Internet-Based: 80 out of 120
- Computer-Based: 217 out of 300
- Paper Based: 553 out of 677
- Lawrence's school code for TOEFL is 1398
- IELTS 6.5 out of 9 overall band score
- Duolingo minimum score of 105
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 580
- Lawrence's school code for the SAT is 1398
- ACT English/Writing: 24
- Lawrence's school code for the ACT is 4596
- Teacher Evaluation
- If applying as a first-year student this should be a high school instructor. If applying as a transfer student this should be a college instructor.
- Passport Copy
- A scanned copy of the identification page of your passport.
- Lawrence University Certification of Finances Form
- Available via your online portal after application submission
- All applicants must complete the Lawrence University Certification of Finance form no later than five days after your application deadline. No other forms (i.e. CSS Profile, etc) will be accepted.
- Supporting financial documentation is required as part of the Lawrence University Certification of Finance form which may include any combination of the following:
- A current official bank statement
- A letter or other documentation from an employer verifying parent income
- A letter and bank statement from a private sponsor
- Letter of financial support from sponsor program
- If you have further documentation beyond any of these that may help us make a proper assessment, we welcome the opportunity to review it.
- We accept copies of financial documents via e-mail. We reserve the right to request originals at any stage in the admissions process.
- Interview - All applicants are strongly encouraged to interview.
- Secondary School Report
- Submitted by high school counselor or school official along with high school transcripts
- Official College Transcripts
- Official Transcripts from all colleges attended are required for transfer applicants
- A credit evaluation is required for any credits awarded from an institution outside the United States. This evaluation must be completed by either Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES).
- Complete an audition
- Audition instructions are available within your application portal after application submission.
- Music teacher recommendation
- Completed by any teacher who can best speak to your musical abilities.
- Music resume
- A music resume details your musical experiences such as master classes, summer festivals, private lessons, competitions, etc.