Learning Outside the Bubble
Lawrence is justifiably proud of what our students achieve in the classroom, studio, and lab, and through participation in formal off-campus study programs. We also recognize that Appleton, the Fox Cities, and other communities beyond our region are sites for learning and research. The Office of Community-Based Learning and Research administers a variety of programs to support learning outside "the Lawrence Bubble." On these pages you can learn about
- how other students have benefitted from community-based learning and research experiences
- options for funding your community-based academic or artistic project or idea
- the mentored, year-long Servant Leader Fellow program
- a list of community-based learning courses offered during the current school year
- an annual two-day, science focused study trip to the Nobel Conference with an intergenerational group of students, faculty, and life-long learners from Appleton and surrounding communities.