- Lawrence University Food Recovery Network
- LU Environmental Organization
- Outdoor Recreation Club
- Bird and Nature Club
Lawrence's small group housing program provides students with an opportunity to take an active role in their residential experience by engaging in a community of individuals with common educational or co-curricular interests. Commit to living a more sustainable lifestyle on campus by joining a themed house with a focus on sustainability.
- SLUG - SLUG grows fresh produce for the Lawrence community using sustainable agricultural methods in the garden, orchard, and apiary. Members of the SLUG house value local, sustainable organic food and cook meals together.
- Greenfire - Greenfire seeks to educate the Lawrence Community about sustainability, to advocate for environmental justice, and to promote environmental policy. Members of the Greenfire loft value local, sustainable and organic food and cook meals together once a week.
- Co-Op House - The McCarthy Co-operative is determined to lessen its environmental footprint, most specifically through the purchasing of local and organic foods. Members of the Co-Op cook all of their own meals.
LUCC Sustainability Committee
LUCC’s Sustainability Committee is one of the newest committees to join the student governing body. While they may be the youngest, they have mighty goals for the campus and now more than ever, our ideas can spur much needed change to revolutionize Lawrence’s relationship with our surrounding environment and community. The goal of this committee is to be a liaison between LUCC, all environment related student organizations on campus, the university’s Sustainability Steering Committee, and the greater Appleton community. They work on exciting projects such as a Carbon Neutrality, First Year Sustainability Kits, and Earth Week events. There is also a grant available to interested students to fund sustainable projects that benefit students and the community.