How far in advance to schedule an event
The following events are considered major institutional events and have calendar priority:
- Alumni Board meetings
- Board of Trustees meetings
- Fall Festival/Homecoming
- Honors Dinner
- Performing Arts at Lawrence: Artist and Jazz Series
- Reunion Weekend
- Scholarship Luncheon
If you're interested in booking events for the next academic year, please wait until after October 15th (once the priority events have been set) to prevent cancellation of space, etc.
All other university groups may reserve dates and facilities between October 16 and March 1 of the preceding academic year. Community groups may reserve dates after March 1 for the next academic year.
It is recommended that event sponsors check calendar availability at least four weeks in advance of their planned event. If ticketing is necessary for an event, the event sponsor must notify the university box office and fill out a box office service contract no later than four weeks prior to the event.
Outside entertainer, speaker, or service provide that requires a contact
The event representative must submit any such agreement to the executive vice president for review, approval and signature. Only the university president and executive vice president may sign contracts obligating the university.
The event representative is responsible for meeting all terms of the contract, including payment and any and all applicable local, state and federal withholding taxes. (Note: Entertainers receiving more than $7,000 in fees must complete a 6% Wisconsin Nonresident Withholding Tax form. Contact Financial Services for more information.)
Student Org Events
Is your student organization planning on hosting an event or party? Find resources, learn about funding, room reservations, and more!
How to reserve space on campus
- Consult the online Lawrence University calendar to determine if the proposed event is in conflict with other activities planned for that date, time, and/or facility
- Submit an online room reservation form. Indicate the date, location, event title and description, services needed and other information
- If you'd like the event to appear on the LU calendar, please check the box for it to do in the reservation form
- If your event requires special services (e.g. food, AV equipment, tables, chairs, etc.), indicate this on the reservation form. The event sponsor is responsible for the special services, foods, tables, etc.
- An email granting approval or denial of the request will be sent after the facility coordinator reviews the request. Approval must be received before the event is announced to campus or the public.
Note: No room can be reserved until a request is submitted. Verbal agreement does not confirm a date.