Student Org Resources
Access student org information and resources, workshops, and much more:
Student Organization Event Planning Checklist
Please use the checklist to plan your next student org event.
- Treasurer of club or organization consulted to confirm that funds are available for your event to occur – this might mean getting written confirmation from multiple groups/offices/etc.
- Complete Student Debit Card Advance Request form and either scan/email to email@example.com or drop off at SEAL office.
- Funding request form can be submitted to LUCC if club or organization lacks funding. More details on LUCC page.
Room Reservation & Catering:
*Bon app contract does not allow student orgs to bring outside catering into Warch Campus Center*
- Date chosen for event and university calendar double checked to ensure there are no conflicts.
- Anticipated number of people in attendance determined.
- Appropriate space found that fits your event needs. Check the calendar for conflicts in that space and fill out a room reservation request. (Lawrence homepage > event calendar > “room reservation application”)
- In order to get your event on the LU events calendar, check the “Add to LU calendar” box. In the Sponsor line, you must put “SEAL – (Org name)”
- Catering contacted at least 2 weeks in advance for food and/or beverages.
*A contract is required for any paid performer, speaker, or act. Designated university staff may enter into contracts: no deposits or verbal agreements should be made by a student.*
- Pre-contract form completed no later than 30 days prior to event. Form found on seal webpage. (student life > student engagement, activities, and leadership (seal) > forms > pre-contract form)
- Treasurer of club or organization should review fund transactions on voyager to see remaining balance.
- Arrangements are made with seal office to pick up check no later than the day of the event. (or the Friday prior if it is on the weekend)
- Members of the club or organization have made arrangements to host performer or person visiting campus which includes meeting any needs described in their contract – for more details or questions, contact seal office.
Facilities (Outdoor event set-up):
*Students are not allowed to submit a work order for a set up. It has to come from someone in student activities office.*
- 10 day minimum notice for: tables, chairs, trash cans, recycling containers
- 2 week minimum notice for: electrical needs, contacting private lines (if renting tents that need to be staked down), water hook-ups (car washes/dunk tanks/etc.), permits (whenever you put up tents).
- Details are filled out in the room reservation request form online. Does your event need tables, chairs, a/v equipment etc.?
- If your event is in the WCC, follow up with events staff at firstname.lastname@example.org // (920) 832-6839 with set-up requirements.
- If your event is in a different building, contact that building’s director and facility services with set-up needs for tables/chairs/etc.
- Complete equipment rental agreement form to use sound equipment from the campus center 5 business days in advance. (Equipment use is free for all student organizations across campus)
- If your event is a large outdoor event, you will need to get a noise variance through the city of Appleton. This needs to be completed at least 1 month in advance. See dr. Brittany Bell.
- Fill out the event/party registration form 5 business days in advance.
- When registration form is completed, the Office of SEAL will be in contact to set up an approval meeting.
- If alcohol is involved, work with Office of SEAL to ensure safety and responsibility of those in charge and in attendance.
- Bystander intervention training must be completed for all large events and parties in houses. Contact Residence Life with questions about trainings.
*This should start at least a week prior to event, if not sooner if possible*
- Paper advertisements approved by seal office.
- Digital displays request form: WCC, library, wellness center, chapman hall, residence halls - contact it for support.
- Paper advertisements in WCC approved by information desk.
- Paper advertisements approved by appropriate people/owners of buildings if advertising elsewhere around campus.
- Outdoor advertising: clean up outside posters/chalking’s once the event has taken place. Want to paint one of the walls on drew or Lawe street? Fill out reserve a wall form.
Any event that uses LUCC funds has an obligation to advertise and open the event to the larger community. More communication resources.