Sustainable Lawrence is a campus-wide initiative that involves students, faculty, and staff members who want to help foster a culture of sustainability on campus and help us achieve our sustainability goals for the future.
- Waste: Increase waste diversion rate (diverting waste from landfills) by 16%
- Food: Source 30% of food locally
- Transportation: Increase percentage of students, faculty, and staff that use public or alternative forms as primary form of transportation
- Energy: Reduce net greenhouse gas emissions by 15%
- Water: Reduce campus-wide water usage by 10%
- Buildings: Operate and maintain campus buildings in accordance with published university sustainable operations maintenance guidelines
- Grounds: Follow landscape management program which reduces invasive species, exogenous chemicals, and water use
Learn more about participating in Lawrence's sustainability efforts!
Lawrentians are working hard to make campus a more sustainable place. Discover what the university is doing.
Need tips for living and working more sustainably? Refer to our guide for action steps and resources.
Lawrence University's AASHE STARS Report
The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) facilitates the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System (STARS), a transparent, self-reporting framework for colleges and universities to measure their sustainability performance. See how Lawrence University is doing by reading our most recent report!