To apply for need-based financial aid at Lawrence University, students must complete all applicable requirements listed below. Click here for options on how to submit documents.
To apply for Lawrence need-based aid, please submit either the CSS Profile OR the Lawrence Financial Aid Application.
If Lawrence is the only school on your list that requires a supplemental financial aid form, then please complete the Lawrence Financial Aid Application (it’s shorter and easier to complete than the CSS Profile).
If you’re applying to other colleges that require CSS Profile, then please save yourself the time and simply send your CSS Profile to Lawrence. There is no need to complete the Lawrence Financial Aid Application.
Lawrence Financial Aid Application
If you are not completing the CSS Profile for another college, complete this application.
Over 200 schools require the CSS Profile. Add Lawrence University to your CSS Profile (school code 1398).
- Available: October 1 (the sooner you file, the sooner after your admission we can send you an aid award)
- Website: https://cssprofile.collegeboard.org/
- Cost: the fee to complete the Profile is $25 (the fee for each additional college is $16). Some families may qualify for a fee waiver based on income.
- Lawrence University's CSS Profile code: 1398
- Available: October 1
- Website: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Lawrence University's federal school code: 003856
- Completion of the FAFSA is required in order to be considered for the following federal student aid:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal SEOG
- Federal Direct Loan (subsidized and/or unsubsidized)
- Federal Work-Study
For Fall 2021 admission, submit a signed copy of your 2019 federal tax return.
Submit a copy of Pages 1 & 2 of IRS Form 1040 and ALL schedules
directly to the Lawrence Financial Aid Office
- If applicable, include the following schedules
- IRS Schedules 1, 2, 3, and/or 4
- IRS Schedules A, C, E, and/or F
- IRS Form 1065 (Partnership Income), 1120 (Corporation) and/or 1120S (S Corporation)
Options to submit documents.
Complete this requirement if your biological or adoptive parents are divorced, separated, or were never married. The FAFSA and Supplemental Financial Aid Application are completed with the parent you lived with more during the last 12 months (this parent is your "custodial parent" when applying for financial aid). The other parent is the "noncustodial parent." Need help determining who your custodial parent is? This nifty chart should help.
Complete one of the following:
Noncustodial Parent Financial Aid Form
Your noncustodial parent should submit the Lawrence Noncustodial Parent Financial Aid Form (PDF) to the Financial Aid Office. Note: we will also accept the CSS Profile (Household B) in lieu of the Noncustodial Parent Financial Aid Form.
Noncustodial Parent Form Waiver
If you have no contact with your noncustodial parent, submit the Noncustodial Parent Form Waiver (PDF).
Back to Top