Domestic Student Financial Aid (U.S. Citizen, Refugee, Asylee)
To apply for need-based financial domestic students must complete all applicable requirements listed here:
- Complete your FAFSA.
- Complete either the free Supplemental Financial Aid Application or the CSS Profile (school code: 1398).
- Submit a Signed Copy of your Parents' Federal Tax Return.
- If Applicable: Submit your Noncustodial Parent Information.
- If Applicable: Complete Verification.
International Financial Aid (Non U.S. Citizens)
For international students to receive a student visa application from universities in the United States, they must show that they have access to funds that will cover the cost of attendance after scholarship and need based aid for one academic year.
Proof of funds and awarding of need based aid is determined at the time of admission using information related to the applicants family’s financial situation. This information is gathered from the Lawrence University Certification of Finances form and supporting financial documents submitted by the applicant. The certification of Finances form is made available within the application status portal after the application for admission is submitted. This form asks questions about family assets and expenses to determine the level of family contribution toward the student's education. In addition, applicants are be asked to upload supporting financial documents, which may include any combination of the following:
- A current official bank statement
- A letter or other documentation from an employer verifying parent income
- A letter and bank statement from a private sponsor
- Letter of financial support from sponsor program
- Any further documentation that may help us make a proper financial aid assessment.
We accept attested (notarized) copies of financial documents via fax or e-mail. We reserve the right to request originals at any stage in the admissions process.