Residence Requirements for a Lawrence Degree
To qualify for a Lawrence University Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Music degree, you must complete a minimum of 216 units. Transfer students must have a minimum of six terms (two years) in residence at Lawrence or on LU-affiliated programs and earn 108 units (approximately 18 courses).
- To qualify for a B.A. and B.Mus. double degree, Conservatory transfer students must complete a minimum of 15 terms of study and 270 units (D-term courses do not satisfy this requirement).
- Nine terms (approximately 3 years) in residence and 162 units are required for the five-year B.A. and B.Mus. double-degree program.
- Enrollment in courses held on campus, at Lawrence off-campus study programs, ACM programs, and other special arrangements under Lawrence sponsorship contribute toward fulfilling the residence requirement.
See the course catalog for a complete listing of degree requirements.
General Requirements for B.A.
In order to complete a Bachelor of Arts degree, students must fulfill one class (6 units) in each of the following areas:
- Division of humanities
- Division of fine arts
- Division of social sciences
- Lab course in biology, chemistry, geology or physics
- Course emphasizing global perspectives
- Course focusing on dimensions of diversity
- Course designated as writing intensive or speaking intensive (This requirement must be completed at Lawrence)
- Course designated as emphasizing quantitative analysis
- Course in a foreign language taken at the intermediate level
Completion of at least one major is required, as well as 12 courses numbered 200 and above.
Courses accepted for degree credit do not necessarily fulfill specific major requirements. Completion of the major of your choice may require work in addition to the minimum number of credits to graduate. Please consult with a faculty advisor concerning major requirements.
Visit the Registrar for more detailed information.