Register for an audition
After you have completed your application to Lawrence using either the Common App or the Lawrence App, you have several options for how and when you can complete an audition for admission to the Conservatory of Music.
Lawrence University strongly encourages on-campus auditions as it gives you a chance to meet with our faculty, current students and even hear some ensembles. However, if traveling to Appleton is not an option, we do offer regional auditions in select cities around the United States. A Conservatory Admissions team member will record audition and will meet with students during their time slot. Members of the faculty do not attend regional auditions.
If you would like to submit a recording, please see below for deadlines and requirements.
On-Campus Audition Dates
On-Campus Audition Dates for 2019-2020:
- Early Decision and Early Action 1 Applicants: November 2, 2019
- Regular Decision Applicants: January 18, 2020; February 8, 2020; February 22, 2020
Students wishing to pursue a music major at Lawrence must use the audition date that corresponds with their application timeline.
2020 Audition Regional Locations
For Regular Decision applicants only.
Check back over the summer for updated information!
For students who are applying either Early Action 1, Early Decision or Regular Decision. If distance prevents a live audition, either on campus or at a regional site, a video recording may be submitted to your application status page.
- Recordings should be of the best possible audio-visual quality and must be properly labeled with name, instrument/voice part, and repertoire.
- Acceptable video formats include: .mov, .wmv, .avi, and .mpeg.
- Any student submitting a video must also complete an audition registration form (that form is e-mailed to you after you apply).
- Handy Tip: If you are submitting more than one piece for your audition, please upload separate videos for each piece. It will make the uploading process much easier!
If you applied using our Early Decision or Early Action 1 deadline, your recording is due on November 2, 2019.
If you applied using our Regular Decision deadline, your recording is due on January 18, 2020.