Register for an audition
After you have completed your application to Lawrence using either the Common App or the Lawrence App, you have several options for how and when you can complete an audition for admission to the Conservatory of Music.
Lawrence University strongly encourages on-campus auditions as it gives you a chance to meet with our faculty, current students and even hear some ensembles. However, if traveling to Appleton is not an option, we do offer regional auditions in select cities around the United States. A Conservatory Admissions team member will record audition and will meet with students during their time slot. Members of the faculty do not attend regional auditions.
If you would like to submit a recording, please see below for deadlines and requirements.
On-Campus Audition Dates
On-Campus Audition Dates for 2019-20:
- Early Decision and Early Action Applicants: November 10, 2018
- Regular Decision Applicants: January 19, 2019; February 2, 2019; February 23, 2019
Students wishing to pursue a music major at Lawrence must use the audition date that corresponds with their application timeline.
2019 Audition Regional Locations
For Regular Decision Applicants. Regional audition dates for 2019-2020 admission cycle will be posted over the summer. Check back soon for more information!
- Chicago - January 7
- Denver - January 24
- Interlochen - January 12
- Los Angeles - TBD
- Minneapolis - January 10
- New York - January 11
- San Francisco - January 4
- Seattle - TBD
- Houston - January 13
For students who are applying either Early Action, Early Decision or Regular Decision. If distance prevents a live audition, either on campus or at a regional site, a video recording may be submitted to your application status page.
- Recordings should be of the best possible audio-visual quality and must be properly labeled with name, instrument/voice part, and repertoire.
- Acceptable video formats include: .mov, .wmv, .avi, and .mpeg.
- Any student submitting a video must also complete an audition registration form (that form is e-mailed to you after you apply).