International Research

If you are doing research outside the United States (for example, on an off-campus program) you may need to obtain both Lawrence University and a foreign institution's human subjects research approval.  In addition, some foreign countries have regulations that differ from the United States', and it is important that you are familiar with them and know how they may impact your research plans (see the list below).  For these reasons you should consult with the Lawrence IRB at least one term before you plan to begin your foreign research.  For summer and Fall term research the IRB should be consulted no later than the sixth week of the preceding Spring term. 

International Compilation of Human Research Protections 2019