Lawrentians can go on to pursue careers in medicine, public health education, epidemiology, disaster preparedness, health consultant, allied health professions, hospital administration, genetic counseling, physician assistant, and sports medicine.
They can also earn advanced degrees in biomedical ethics, medicine, public or global health, dentistry, nursing, physical or occupational therapy, health care administration, pharmacy, health policy.
The first class of Health & Society minors is graduating in June 2022. Past Lawrentians with an interest in public health, society, and medicine have gone on to pursue the following:
Examples of recent employers:
- University of Wisconsin Cytogenetics Lab, State Lab of Hygiene
- Rogers Memorial Hospital and Froedtert Health
- Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe
Examples of recent graduate programs:
- Vanderbilt University - Pediatrics & Medical Genetics
- Rush Medical College - Internal Medicine
- Emory University - Masters of Public Health
Make Connections. Find Opportunities.
Want to connect your major or passions with your life after Lawrence? Career communities can make that happen. Join a community to get connected with internships, jobs, research and volunteer opportunities, and Lawrence alumni in your fields of interest.