Click here for Arts Advocacy volunteer opportunities.
The Arts Advocacy program forms relationships with the community to develop an understanding of how the arts can benefit the Fox Cities community with the help of Lawrence University. Our goal is to form partnerships that will help enrich the lives of the people around us and support local organizations. This program also aims to be a liaison between Lawrentians and various organizations in the Appleton community devoted to the arts. The hope is to form better connections between the needs of the organizations and the interests of Lawrence students to help create a diverse community that acknowledges the gifts of every individual.
Boys and Girls Club of the Fox Valley's Fine Arts Program
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Fox Valley's mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
- Assist staff with their programs in the art room, music room, dance studio, gym, and much much more!
- Lead your own activities, programs, or lesson plans for the youth or teens
- Hang out and play games with Club members
- Help with additional services such as the front desk, cafeteria, possible admin assistance
The Trout Museum of Art
The Trout Museum of Art’s mission is to excite the Fox Cities about the visual arts. The activities which allow art museum to fulfill its mission include: exhibitions, educational programming and special events such as the annual Art at the Park artist exhibitor festival, lectures, workshops, and family fun days.
- Help with special events and programming, such as Community Art Day, Jazz at the Trout, SPARK!, and more
- Join their Docent program to educate and engage the community about the exhibits
Appleton Downtown Inc.
ADI's mission is to make Downtown Appleton a vibrant and accessible destination for business, learning, living and leisure!
- Help with special events such as Farmers Market, Art on the Town, Octoberfest, and more
- Write, photograph, or blog for them as needed
Fox Cities Performing Arts Center
The mission of the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center is to serve as a gathering place for the community to engage in educational opportunities and enhance understanding and enjoyment of life through the creation and presentation of the arts. We will do this by providing a premier venue for performing arts attractions and a dynamic environment for our arts organizations.
- Serve in various roles during performances such as greeter, usher, ticket collector, etc.
- Sometimes offers the chance to volunteer and view the performances as well
Interested and want to get involved today? Contact the CCE for more information!