Please note: The information displayed here is current as of Saturday, October 10, 2015, but the official Course Catalog should be used for all official planning.
2015-2016 Course Catalog
Required for the philosophy major
- A minimum of eight courses numbered above 149
- PHIL 150 or 420 (Majors are strongly encouraged to satisfy this requirement early in their careers.)
- At least three courses from PHIL 200, 210, 220, 230, 240, 275, 280 (including at least two from PHIL 200, 210, 220)
- At least one course from PHIL 300, 305, 310, 330, 400, 405, 410
- At least one course from PHIL 320, 325, 350, 360, 385, 430, 440
- PHIL 600
Advanced students of philosophy are invited to do tutorial and honors work independent of the course requirements.
Required for the philosophy minor
- Five six-unit courses in philosophy, at least two of which must be in the history of philosophy (PHIL 200, 210, 220, 230, 240) and at least two of which must be from among courses numbered 200 or above but not among PHIL 200-240.
- Students pursuing a minor in philosophy are encouraged to choose a member of the philosophy department as an informal advisor.
- A C average in the minor is required.