Interdisciplinary areas cross departmental boundaries and may appear as a concentration on the transcript alongside the declared major and any minors.
Please note: The information displayed here is current as of Tuesday, July 7, 2020, but the official Course Catalog should be used for all official planning.
2019-2020 Course Catalog
Required for the interdisciplinary area in museum studies
- One core course: ARHI 315: Introduction to the Art Museum
- Four additional six-unit courses with significant museum studies content, selected in consultation with museum studies faculty. See the list of courses on the Museum Studies IA page for suggested courses that could fulfill this requirement.
- At least one of the following:
- Six units of ANTH 422: Archaeological Collections Management
- Six units of independent study in the Wriston Art Gallery or the University Archives
- A six-unit academic internship at a museum, historic site, or similar institution, from an appropriate academic department