The Leadership and Mentoring Program (LAMP) is designed to assist incoming students from underrepresented backgrounds with academic and social support through peer mentoring to create high levels of achievement and an overall positive college experience.
Why Join LAMP?
Students who participate in the program:
- You will learn more about campus resources and have a deeper understanding of the services available to you.
- You will develop long lasting relationships with peers.
- You will be provided with opportunities to help develop as a leader.
- You will be able to establish supportive relationships with faculty and staff.
- You will develop valuable skills that can help you be academically successful
How do you join LAMP?
If you are interested in joining LAMP please complete a LAMP mentor or mentee application online by September 27, 2019. LAMP mentee application here and LAMP mentor application here.
For additional questions please email our LAMP Coordinator here: Jordyn.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for mentors:
- Mentors must be on campus for the entire academic year.
- Mentors must be in good standing academically and with the Student Life Office.
- Mentors must be willing to make a personal commitment to the program and be willing to meet the program needs.
Benefits of participating in the LAMP Program:
Access to free leadership and social opportunities. All outings expenses are covered by LAMP.