Lawrence maintains memberships in a number of associations for institutions for higher education. These memberships offer benefits from data sharing cohorts to advocacy to professional advancement.
Lawrence is a member of the following associations:
- Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM) – Lawrence is a member of the ACM, a consortium of 14 academically excellent, independent liberal arts colleges located in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Colorado.
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR) – Two staff members hold professional memberships. AIR is the world's largest professional organization of institutional researchers comprised of more than 4,000 members. AIR provides educational resources, best practices, and professional development. One staff member was elected to the Nominations and Elections Committee (NEC) (2019-21).
- Association for Institutional Research in the Upper Midwest (AIRUM) – One staff member holds an individual memberships to AIRUM, which consists of postsecondary educational institutions and related agencies in Iowa, Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Wisconsin, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
- Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AALHE) – AALHE is an organization of practitioners interested in using effective assessment practice to document and improve student learning.
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) – Lawrence is a member institution of AAC&U, a national organization dedicated to advancing the vitality and public standing of liberal education by making quality and equity the foundations for excellence in undergraduate education in service to democracy.
- EDUCAUSE – Lawrence holds an organizational membership with EDUCASE, a nonprofit that helps higher education elevate the level of IT. Two staff members have individual profiles.
- Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium (HEDS) – Lawrence is a member of HEDS, which is a consortium of colleges and universities that collaborate to advance undergraduate liberal arts education, inclusive excellence, and student success. One staff member was elected to serve as a board member (2019-2020, 2020-2023) and was elected to be on the executive board as vice chair/secretary (2020-2021, 2021-2022, and 2022-2023).
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU) – Lawrence is a member of NAICU, which is open to all accredited independent (private) nonprofit colleges and universities.
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) – Lawrence is a member of the NCAA, a nonprofit association committed to providing an opportunity for more than 460,000 college student-athletes to compete annually in college sports. We are a Division III school.
- Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (WAICU) – Lawrence is a member of WAICU, which is an organization of 23 independent or private institutions of higher learning in Wisconsin. Membership is limited to accredited, nonprofit institutions.