H5P: Interactive Video
Have you ever wanted to have a quiz question pop up while a student watches an online video that you've assigned? Wouldn't it be neat if you could choose from a variety of question types (multiple choice, fill in the blank, long answer, discussion, etc.)? And wouldn't it be unbelievable if the quiz results automatically flew into the Moodle gradebook?
All of this is possible with an interactive video tool from H5P! H5P is a suite of interactive media tools that you may use in your Moodle course. Interested in learning more? Interested in learning more? See below for basic instructions to get started right away. Contact Instructional Technology for more information or to schedule a meeting to go over the details.
The video below is a brief example. Give it a try!
How to create an H5P Interactive Video in Moodle:
- Login to one of your Moodle courses.
- Click “Turn editing on.”
- On the “Add an activity” window, select “Interactive Content" and then click the "Add" button.
- In the editor section beneath the description, sort the content types A to Z and then locate the Interactive Video content type.
- Click on the "Interactive Video" title to open the editor.
- Enter a title for the activity. This is what students will click on.
- Add a video by clicking the "+" icon. You can import a video URL (Ensemble, YouTube, Vimeo) or upload a video file (uploading is limited by Moodle's upload file size limit).
- Click the "Step 2 Add Interactions" tab. This is where you will add the interactive elements to the video. Options include questions, pop-ups, text, links, images and more.
- Click the "Step 3 Summary task" tab if you wish there to be a quiz at the end of the video.
- When you are done, scroll to the bottom and click the "Save and return to course" button.