The Lawrence Conservatory is coming to your city!
Be sure to visit the Lawrence University booth and speak with a conservatory admissions counselor at one of the upcoming NACAC Performing and Visual Arts College Fairs.
NACAC Performing and Visual Arts College Fairs are free and open to the public. Register by clicking on the link for the college fair nearest you!
Can't attend a NACAC Performing and Visual Arts College Fair but want to hear more about the Lawrence Conservatory?
Fill out our Music Interest Form:
College Fair Tips from the Director of Conservatory Admissions
- College fairs will be busy! Make sure to arrive on time to ensure you’ll be able to talk to the reps at the schools you’re interested in.
- Come prepared with a list of questions to ask a college representative. (Questions more specific than, “what majors do you have?”.) Think about things that will matter to you in your college experience! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Tell the reps a little bit about what you might be interested in studying.
- Where is your school located? How would I get there?
- What kinds of performance opportunities are there for undergraduate students?
- Can I study music and another academic subject?
- What is unique about your school? What kinds of traditions are present? How can I get involved in activities outside of music?
- What do student musicians do after they graduate from your school?
- What is the audition process like at your school?
- Make sure to introduce yourself clearly to the college rep and shake their hand. First impressions go a long way!
- If you find a school (or multiple schools) that you’d like to learn more about, send an email or letter to the college rep that you met at the fair. They will be absolutely delighted to hear from you and will make sure you get the information you need.
- PRO TIP: Sometimes, you’ll be asked to fill out a card with your name, address, graduation year, academic interests, etc. at each school you’re interested in. This takes time, especially if you’re filling out multiple cards throughout the fair. It’s a good idea to come with pre-printed sticky labels (like address labels) with all of your information on them so you can just peel it off and stick it to those cards. It’s a time-saving technique to help you make the most of your time at the fair!
- You won’t fall in love with every school at the fair, so it’s okay to rule out some schools that don’t fit your interest or your personality. You’re trying to find the best fit for YOU, so trust your gut!